Monday, August 8, 2011

Track 1- Intro

Music is my #1 obsession. I own over 1500 albums, I am a walking billboard chart encyclopedia, and I constantly read about artists on Wikipedia. That being said, I feel that my knowledge of music and good writing skills should be put to use.

I moved to Los Angeles a year and a half ago to pursue my dream of working in the music industry- marketing and promotions specificially. I've done quite a bit of research about the industry and it's history- especially in its relation to the artists they represent. I find that the major label system seems like an antithesis to artistic will and integrity. Not wholly, but with almost every true artist- Prince being a prime example- it seems like I'd be working for the enemy. However, I'd still do anything for a fucking mail room job at a label. It seems unreachable

So here's what the blog is going to be about. I love so many different musical genres- it would be easier to list what I don't listen to:

Mainstream Country (too calculated, contrived, and plastic)
Mainstream Rock (see my thoughts on mainstream country)
Teen Pop (see my thoughts on mainstream country)
House/Trance (too repetitive and not cohesive enough for me)
Contemporary Christian/Gospel (really? i need a reason for this?)
Pitbull (he is my ANTITHESIS!!!!!)

So pretty much everything indie, pop, r&b, hip hop, electronic, post punk, new wave, progressive rock, girl group, classic rock, 80's shenanigans, grunge, jazz, blues, you name it.

My goal is to keep up with this every day, though with 11 1/2 hour shifts at work, some days may have to suffer. I've started about 5 blogs before that I never kept up with- but this seems like a clear enough concept that will inspire me enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment